18 Aug Which niche is best for instagram and for making money?
Do you want to grow your Instagram accounts so you can quit your full time job that you loathe and become a niche influencer or digital nomad? Then you are going to love this list of the most profitable Instagram niches.
So how do you become a Niche Instagram Influencer?
By finding a profitable niche and creating a community around your passion and expertise.
As we all probably know by now, social media influencers is definitely a hot topic. Brands are always utilising niche Influencers to promote their products and services. You can sign up to ORIENT Influencer App to kickstart your influencer journey, and have more opportunities to work with brands in your niche.
Moreover, Hootsuite stats also supports the recent growth of Influencer niches:
- Instagram is the fastest-growing social platform. It has over a billion active users now, with half a billion people using it every day
- In 2020, people will spend around half an hour browsing Instagram daily
- One in three most viewed Stories are created by brands and companies
- The platform’s potential ad reach is estimated at around 950 ml users
- 200 million people visit at least one business profile every day
- Over 10% of American users purchase services and/or products on Instagram
‘Social Media Niche on Instagram’
If all points tick your boxes then now it’s time to get some inspiration! Obviously you want to choose an influencer that aligns with your business, to make sure that they’re influencing the right target audience for you. There are many influencers out there with various ‘Social Media Niches’. When I say ‘Social Media Niches’, I really mean types of posts that they do on their social media platforms. For example, travellers, foodies and beauty gurus to name the least.
To get more ideas on what these ‘Instagram Influencer Niches’ are and the example of the influencers that dominate those niches in Australia, here are the top Australian Influencers based on their ‘social media niches’.
1. Celebrity Niche on Instagram:
- You may want to or have appeared on National TV shows, such as Masterchef, Bachelor, Love Island, Netflix, Hollywood shows.
- Been very influential in a particular niche
Image via @annamcevoy21
Her face is definitely not a stranger to the TV. Anna McEvoy was the winner of Love Island Season 2. This reality TV star that’s based in Melbourne currently has 286k followers on Instagram and is also verified.
2. Travel Niche on Instagram:
- Do you love exploring new places all the time?
- Is it your dream to live out of your suitcase, or become a digital nomad while getting paid to travel full time?
Did you know that the Phrase “how to become a travel blogger” was one of the highest searched terms in 2017?
All you need to do is to get super niche.
For instance your instagram content can revolve around:
- Adventure travel, slow travel or solo female travel
- In depth reviews on hotels, restaurants, entertainment etc
- Backpacking, family or luxury
With a catchy Instagram handle, Tara has become a worldwide Instagram sensation. Posting about her travel adventures on her feed and stories, and having an aesthetic pleasing feed. It’s no surprise that Tara gained so much attention. With 1.3m followers and being verified on Instagram, Tara has definitely become an inspo to all travel bloggers out there.
Brand that work with Travel Niche Influencers:
These brands are actively using Travel Influencers to promote their products and services. Some of these brands are commonly airlines and hotels with wide global coverage. Brands include Emirates, Skyscanner, Pure New Zealand, Ritz Carlton etc.
3. Foodie Niche on Instagram:
- Do you love sharing your experience at restaurants, cafes, brunch and many more?
- Do you have a knack for cooking, or love to share your food recipes online?
Image via Instagram @babii.sammii
Sammy is Melbourne’s brunch insta-queen! With 41.7k followers, she posts about her personal life and must visit brunch places to recommend her followers.
4. Beauty Niche on Instagram
- Are you a hair and makeup artist or do you always help out your friends and family with their hair and makeup?
- Do you spend hours watching beauty tutorials on Youtube? For instance, Youtube stars such as JeffreyStar, Michelle Phan etc
- Do you spend hours browsing and shopping for new Kylie Jenner, Fenty Beauty, Kim K new product drops?
- Do you have an elaborate 10-step Korean skincare routine you would like to share with your friends and fans?
Did you know that 96% of all beauty brands have firmly established their presence on Instagram (according to Statista)? Therefore, becoming a Niche influencer on Instagram is very important for business opportunities. Makeup artists and hairstylists are making tons of money reviewing products and sharing beauty tips, and so can you.
Shani started her career as a beauty guru on YouTube. With 1.4m followers and being verified on Instagram, she now has her own swimwear line called ‘SYLKSWIM’.
Image via Instagram @shanigrimmond
Brands that work with Beauty Niche Influencers:
These brands are actively using Beauty and Lifestyle Influencers to promote their products and services. Some of these brands are commonly makeup and beauty brands with wide global coverage. Brands include Anastasia Beverley Hills, KKW Beauty, Glossier etc.
5. Lifestyle Niche on Instagram:
- Passionate about sharing day-to-day activities with your friends and family
- Content revolves around your personal lifestyle, and can be mixed with other niches such as fashion, home, family etc.
Image via @tuulavintage
As a mommy of one, Jessica posts about her day to day activities as a family and always making sure to recommend her followers with inspiring outfits, homewares and food to name the least. With a 2.3m followers, Jessica has established herself as one of the top Australian influencer.
6. Fitness Niche on Instagram:
- Are you passionate about sharing your workout routines?
- Have you undergone a fitness transformation?
- Do you like to inspire others and promote a healthy and fit lifestyle?
People are always searching for ways and hacks to stay healthy and help tone, bulk and grow that booty!
Image via Instagram @tammyhembrow
With over 10m followers, Tammy now has her own app and workout programs for everything fitness related. In addition, she also has a fitness-wear line called ‘Saski Collection’ and continue to become a kickass mommy of two.
Brands that work with Health & Fitness Niche Influencers:
These brands are actively using Fitness niche Influencers to promote their products and services. Some of these brands are commonly Fitness Clothing and Health conscious brands with wide global coverage. Brands include Gym shark, Lulu Lemon, Stronger etc.
7. Fashion Niche on Instagram:
- Are you always getting compliments on your outfits?
- Are you always posting your #OOTD on the ‘gram?
- Would you like to be invited to New York and Paris Fashion Week?
- Do your friends and family ask you for fashion advice?
Find a specialty within the fashion niche that can differentiate yourself from everyone else. For instance, it may be that you only focus on Vegan-friendly brands, giving fashion tips, or DIY-ing cheap clothes to turn them into high-fashion pieces.
Image via @tashoakley
Classy and elegant are just a few words to describe Tash and her fashion sense. Tash’s account has 2.1m followers and is verified on Instagram. Tash keeps her feed fresh, posting her fashionable outfits on the gram, while being a CEO of her own business – ‘Monday Swimwear’.
Brands that work with Fashion Niche Influencers:
These brands are actively using Fashion Influencers to promote their products and services. Some of these brands are commonly Fast Fashion and Luxury Fashion brands with wide global coverage. Brands include Revolve, NA-KD Fashion, Burberry etc.
8. Business Niche on Instagram:
- Have you created a successful business or ecommerce brand?
- Do you have lots of knowledge and expertise that could help someone else’s business grow?
- Are you passionate about teaching and mentoring other people?
You may have a formula to success for your business, and want to share this with fellow entrepreneurs. You will thrive in the business niche if you provide value and help others achieve their business goals and objectives.
Brands that are working with Business niche Influencers:
These brands are actively using Business and Entrepreneur Influencers to promote their products and services. Some of these brands are commonly Online Learning Platforms with wide global coverage. Brands include Skillshare, Entrepreneur, Creative Live etc.
9. Model Niche on Instagram:
- Wants to become a model or is currently modelling
- Interested in sharing their modelling career online
- Passionate in building up a social following and presence online by utilising their modelling experience
- Would love to help fellow aspiring models and educate them on your model experience
Image via Instagram @gabbyepstein
Gabby gives her followers an access pass to her awesome model life! Attending events, sharing outfit inspo, traveling are a few things she posts almost daily on her feed. Gabby now has 2.3m followers on Instagram and is verified as well.
Which profitable niche for Instagram are you going to pick?
Sign up to ORIENT Influencer App to kickstart your influencer journey, and have more opportunities to work with brands in your niche.
Read more about Orient’s 2020 Guide on How To Become An Influencer.